Courses for 10 to 12 year olds
Don't see a week or time that works for you? Ask us for more options!
Bring 5 friends and get a camp for FREE.
Need based scholarships for families of GIFTED children. Applications available.
Build Your Own Drone - Yours to Keep!
$495 + material fee
- In this hands-on course, students will explore the exciting and emerging technology related to drones.
- At the end of the course, they will be able to keep the drone they built!
- They will gain practical experience with not only drone systems and interfaces, but critical concepts in this field. Some of the key topics covered include: the advances in technology that has led to the boom in the drone industry, flying rules and regulations, and the technological advancements that have completely changed our relationship with this technology. They will also engage in creative activities to help them think about customization & enhancements.
School's Out Hangouts
5/28 to 5/31
$295 per week
- Daily, 9 am-4 pm, Tuesday - Friday. Drop in or stay all day, everyday!
- Play together in a safe space: Minecraft, Roblox, Smash Bros Ultimate, and Fortnite more!
- Computers, consoles, and game accounts provided.
- A great way to kick off summer! Optional pizza Friday
Game Creation (10+ years old)
$349 per week
- CREATE A GAME FROM START TO FINISH. Enjoy using your imagination to create a unique and colorful computer game world. Design the terrain, objects and scene. Learn how to animate objects and program them to move or collide with each other.
- This camp fulfills the course requirements for Game Creation for campers who are present for all of camp.
$349 per week
- Design your own fashion line!
- Using a photo of yourself and a 2D Vector Graphic Program, you can turn yourself into a fashion icon, or even your favorite animated character.
- For inspiration, each student may bring something from home to be incorporated electronically, either literally or conceptually, into their graphic art. Using software similar to Adobe Photoshop (fewer tools and easier to learn) students will complete something unique they will be proud to share.
$375 per week
- Roblox is a platform on which anyone can bring their imagination to life, by building rich, immersive 3D experiences. To do so, developers build places, structures, and machines, modify terrain, animate characters, and define the behaviors and mechanics of the world programming using Lua. Roblox and Minecraft Modding teach different programming languages, so don't worry, your children can take both courses and have just as much fun!
Mobile App Development (10-14)
$425 per week
- Build mobile applications from the ground up. Students will code using a graphical user interface to make apps for Android devices. Steps for making mobile apps for Apple and how to make cross platform apps will be covered.
$375 per week
- USE MINECRAFT AS A BASE TO START CODING. Students will be introduced to the basic concepts of writing code in Java. Minecraft helps a little Java go a long way; with a game engine already built, students get to see their code affect gameplay using the same language system that runs over 3 million programs and devices!
3D Animation (12-17)
$395 per week
- This course will give an overview of developing a 3D animation from modeling to rendering.
- Students will learn the basics of surfacing, lighting, animation and modeling techniques, and will explore volumetrics, modifiers, particle systems, Booleans and inverse kinematics.
Java Programming (12-17)
$425 per week
- START CODING IN A LANGUAGE USED IN MILLIONS OF DEVICES Write simple programs using Java syntax and proper structure.
- Fundamental programming concepts will be taught, including variables, arrays, conditionals, loops, data structures, physics, and reasoning.
$375 starting price
- HAVE FUN PROGRAMMING BOTS TO RESPOND TO YOUR EVERY COMMAND! Use software and hardware to create customizable, programmable robots. Work in teams of two to build working models with attachments, motors and sensors to accomplish missions and table challenges of varying complexity. Every two children will be assigned a complete robot kit with sensors, an intelligent brick, motors and at least one computer to program on. All skill levels are welcome. Fun team building activities are included.
$475 plus kit
- CONSTRUCT SUBMERSIBLE ROVs FROM SCRATCH! Measure, cut, and drill PVC pipe. Seal motor, add propellers, solder, attach the circuit board and connect wires.
- Heated, electric, and cutting hand tools will be used.
- Upon registration a link to purchase the required kit will be provided to you. Kits costs $275. The robots are yours to keep.
The Essentials to Building a PC
$495 Sat & Sun
- An exciting opportunity for your child to learn how to build a PC from scratch. the components involved and the software to make it operational!
- Learn all the same concepts covered in the Build Your Own PC camp but without the material cost.
- If you want to pay the material kit fee and keep the PC your child builds, email us for more details.
Build Your Own PC to Keep
$495 plus kit
- An exciting opportunity for your child to learn how to assemble and take home their own PC!
- Semi-private, and private lessons available. Ask for pricing.
- The recommended kit includes the parts to assemble a game and video streaming ready PC to take home
3D Engineer & Print (10-14)
$375 per week
- DESIGN YOUR OWN CREATIONS IN 3D AND PRINT! Engineer computer objects using CAD software and turn it into reality with our next-generation, light-cured resin 3D printer. Learn about the design engineering process, then use software tools to create unique models. Watch as your creation comes to life on our 3D printer (20 times faster than current print speeds)—and take it home. Note: Students can design multiple objects, but will take home one printed object.
- Because imagination is endless, students can take this camp more than once.
$75 per week
- Campers may use their own electronic devices or read a book during this time. The computers used for camp will not be available until camp begins.
$75 or free if all day 9am-4pm
- Campers bring their own lunches. Fun group games are played during this time. We also have ample chess boards, board games and card games.
- The cost for this is included when you buy an AM and PM camp for the week; in other words when the camp day is from 9am to 4pm.
Stay & Play
$75 per week
- Campers may use the computers at camp to play Minecraft or online games and/or the wii or xbox console games. This is a fun hour.